Web developers need to consider the technical SEO aspects when creating websites. Google and other search engines are becoming smarter and crawl website in deeper level. So website has to be well structured, crawlable, logical and clean in order to be faster indexed by crawler.
To increase site rankings with search engines, a website’s content needs to be indexed.
During the development stage of the website, there are a few things that need to be checked:
- Have you checked the site can be crawled and be indexed by crawler?
- Have you checked site speed is less than 2 sec?
- Is the site set up for Google tracking?
User signals is one of the key metrics Google uses to understand the quality of the website. This means that Google monitors how much time users spend on every page and how well your website engages a visitor.
- Internal search functionality impact on site speed,create duplicate content and broken links.Create a generic search result page (Ex: www.mysite.com/search/) and blocked on robots.txt file.
- All forms or newsletter should fulfil the query and validated and return the thank you page.
- Shopping cart contains different search and filters option. Try to make simple URL structure based on keyword research and blocked all filter URLs on robots.txt.
404 Error pages:
It is an important page which can prevent duplicate content but need to create a interactive 404 error page which can maintain a good user experience.It is not also good if site has too many URLs are returning 404 error page on Google Webmaster Tools.
Xenu’s Link Sleuth is a free tool which can help you to find out the broken links or images on the site. Scan your website with Xenu and fix all broken links and images.
Keyword stuffing may lead to a website being banned or penalised on search engines either temporarily or permanently. Changes to search engine algorithms are towards higher and better quality content as opposed to keyword rich content.
It is one of the strong ranking signals. So we can’t ignore this at any cost. We need to improve the page speed on all devices on the following ways:
- Properly formatting and compressing images can save many bytes of data.
- Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.
- Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
- Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.
- Compacting CSS code can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times.
- Reduce server response time
Test your site speed free with Google.
A site with complex navigation is not only tiresome but it saps at the visitor’s interest. A quick and easy-to-use navigation that displays important pages in just one click is far superior.
- Browser compatibility check
- Responsive/Screen resolution
- User Satisfaction
It is a common technical SEO element which ensure the URL of multiple versions of same content to be indexed by Google and get ranked in the Google search.
Google love simple,unique and less HTML code on the page which ensure content rich web page. Try to use minimum external style sheet and HTML to control web page content (formatting, alignment, links and headings style, paragraph breaks and spaces) and UX.
It is a crucial part of web development. Developer should create a well structured coding system which not only makes a system robust, it will help a lot on SEO as well.
- 404 Eror page
- XML sitemap
- Rich snippets
- Duplicate metadata
- Thin content
- home page duplication