Only content marketing strategy can give you long-term business stability.
As we know all digital marketing experts, content is king and it is proven that without quality content nobody can defined long-term marketing strategy. It empowers all the core digital marketing channels from search marketing , social media marketing and email marketing. It’s not only increase leads and sale conversion rates, secure the business for long-term.
It is simple and easy, some lazy experts doesn’t emphasis on there. We will give you a comprehensive content marketimg strategy here that can secure your business.
How do I start my content marketing strategy?
Step 1: Identify audience
Clearly define the company message for the audience that
Research the competitor’s content
Get the competitor’s content and keep in the spread sheet one by one.
Create creative title & content idea
Create engage and shareable content
Add SEO elements on the content
Make sure include keywords in title and body content
Create a editorial calendar
Create a daily basis publishing plan
Find out where you need to improve your content
This document is to assist with any future content created for any domain and/or other.
Please adopt the following processes, whilst also referring to it as a checklist. This will help to improve the page views (amount of visitors to the post) by ensuring the best key phrases are present are in place where necessary.
This article has 1-10 steps
Step 1 – Identify an appropriate target phrase
- Decide on the topic you want to discuss in your content/post.
- Before creating the post – select a handful of keywords (maybe three), which best fit the content you have in mind, and have them ready to include.
- Now, create the content with one or two of those phrases in mind.
- From the keywords chosen, you then want to decide which to use as the hyperlink and to the correct product page.
- Then, ensure at least one of the other keywords selected from Step 1a are also included in the copy.
Example key phrases: Thing to do in London, Attractions in London
Step 2 – Add keyword in the title of the blog post
Where possible it is important that the target keyword or phrase you have identified is the title of the blog. This is an important opportunity to tell Google what the content is about.
Example Title: Top 20 things to do in London
Step 3 – Add the keyword to the URL
In WordPress it is possible to change the URL of the blog post. Please ensure the key phrase is in the URL where possible:
Step 4 – Include keyword in Title Tags (meta data)
Title tags are usually seen in Google SERPS (search engine results pages) and other web browsers. These cannot be seen on the page itself. Tags are found/written within the coding of a page.
If you have the SEO Yoast plugin installed there will be a section to add the title tag on the blog post page. Guidelines for adding the title:
- The title tag should be no more the 65 characters long
- Along with adding the keyword for a page, you also want to add your business’s name either before or after the keyword
Step 5 – Include keyword in the body text
- Keywords should appear in the body of your post at least once and at the start of the first sentence if possible. Search engines check your keywords against the content it’s hosting
- It works to your advantage to use both phrases and the individual words they contain.
Example: if you have already listed “Attractions In London” as one of your keywords, it’s also a good idea to list both “Attractions” and “London” separately
Step 6 – Use keyword as an anchor text within body of post
- Choose (based on keyword research provided) a keyword to hyperlink as anchor text
- Make sure the hyperlink is going to one of the product pages
Example – Anchor Text: There has been much said about the affects of Things to do over the last several years …
Step 7 – Add keyword to Image Alt Tag
- Click on any image on your website and it will be selected
- From the icons that pop up, choose the one that says “Edit Alt Tag”
- Enter the Alt Tag in the box and click “OK”. Use preferred keyword from keyword research provided
Example ALT Tag: Attractions in London
Step 8 – Have Schema.org correctly in place (SPEAK WITH D/JT)
- Install the Schema.org WordPress plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/schema-creator/installation/).
- Once installed, locate ‘Schema Creator by Raven’ from admins plugin section.
Step 9 – Ensure a call to action banner is at the foot of each post
- Decide which banner is most relevant
- Add banner at the bottom of the blog post(s) you’ve created
Step 10 – In Summary
- Identify target keyword
- Ensure keyword is in the URL
- Ensure keyword is in blog title
- Ensure keyword is in the meta title and meta description
- Ensure keyword is in the body text
- Ensure keyword in the body text is an anchor text link to a product page at least once
- Ensure keyword is in the alt tag for the image
- Add banner to bottom of blog post